Download GIMP For Windows – GIMP is a multi-platform image processing tool, it stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. This app is suitable for various image processing jobs, including photo repair, merging and image creation. This app has various abilities.
This software can be used for simple paint programs, high-quality photo repair programs, online batch processing systems, mass image rendering, image format converters, and GNU Image Manipulation Programs is software for raster-based graphics manipulation. This app runs on the GNOME desktop and is released with the GNU General Public License.
Learn More about GIMP Application
The application was made by two friends, Peter Mattis, and Spencer Kimball and was first released in 1996. This application is made with C programming language, and the development status is still active. This application is very loved by graphic design practitioners, especially those who use the Linux operating system to manipulate photos or images, this application is provided by default in almost all Linux-based operating systems, from Red Hat, Suse, Slackware, Mandrake and other Linux distributions. Some improvements from the previous version have also been done for example changes in the brush size designed to be more flexible and some additional color features.
Free image editing application or software that runs on a Linux OS called the GIMP Application, for you who have long been involved in the world of graphic design must have known this software. GNU Image Manipulation Program is software or software used for image editing or manipulating raster-based graphics.
Initially, this application or software was developed only for the X11 desktop running the Unix operating system, and in the development of this application may run on the GNOME desktop which is a desktop display on Linux operating systems and other operating systems such as Mac Os and Microsoft Windows.
GIMP For Windows
GIMP was originally developed for the X11 desktop that runs on Unix platforms. But now this software has been ported to several other operating system platforms namely MS Windows and Mac OS. The graphics produced by this app are stored in the XCF format and can be exported to various image formats such as BMP, jpg, gif, pdf, png, svg, tiff, and many others. As well as FastPictureViewer image editing software that supports many image formats. Some of the advantages of this software are.
1. It can make animated images
2. The application is light and can be used on computers that use low to minimum specifications even if you can use the application
3. Edit the text screen easier
4. Able to display image or photo files from various file formats
5. It is easier to solve images or photos, import/export images or photos with SVG extensions,
6. If it doesn’t match the initial display, then we can change the initial display
7. It can be added in like Adobe Photoshop and the plug-in is free
8. Supports various file formats
But when there are advantages there will always be disadvantages. Some disadvantages of GIMP are:
1. Filter or effects offered are still lacking, not as complete as Adobe Photoshop.
2. There are still a few plug-ins available
3. It only supports 8 per-channel bits
Detail Software GIMP
Support For Windows:
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP SP3 (32 bit)
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (64 bit)
Download GIMP For Windows – Download
Support For Mac OS:
Download GIMP For Mac OS X – Download